Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wildlife

It was a gloomy and rainy day for our trip up the Icefield Highway, but we did see some wildlife today. We saw this mother with her 2 cubs, 2 black bears on the side of the road, 3 Mtn. goats and one Big horn sheep.We stopped and had an expensive hamburger at the Icefield Center.
I'll post some of my photos from the drive on flickr in a couple of days.
We are staying in the Hinton KOA, will we probably go into town for breakfast and check out the Walmart in the morning.
Gas is around $1.00 per litre, and diesel is around 78 cents per litre.
Everyone we have meet has been very nice, seems to be alot of tourists but we have been told it is nothing like the summer season so it is a good time to be visiting.
The weather is to get better after another half day of rain, temps will get warmer too so maybe I'll be able to get out of my sweatshirt and rain jacket.

No comments: