Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Exploring Denali area

We had another beautiful day to explore the area, we stopped on the Nenana River overlook which is near the town of Denali and watched the river rafters. We visited with one of the rafter workers as he was waiting for his rafts to come around to pull them out. The river is always near 32 degrees and it is down this year as the snow fall was less then usual this winter.We then had lunch at a cafe in Cantwell, a little hole in the wall place but Ken's omelet was the best he's ever had for $9 and my taco salad was OK a bit spicy for me it was $13. We're finding as expected things are a bit pricey here. Gas for the car is around $3.80 and diesel runs close to it or a little less.
Ken looked at the weather forecast for the next couple of days and I think our sunny days have ended for a while. I really hope not!!
I'm adding more photos to flickr tonight.

1 comment:

Cherylsue said...

Looks like fun but you can keep the mosquitoes. They can find me if I even step outside. I am busy getting ready for birthday party tomorrow for Alexis and Patrick. Have fun!