Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Saturday, June 28, 2008

Waterfest

I didn't realize it was Monday since I posted last. I see the service works like it did Monday, I can't see my posted photos, just have to work around it.
We haven't been doing anything exciting anyway, Ken's been working on his wall and I started a new sewing project. My vacuum is still laying on the floor in pieces!
This weekend is EX's Waterfest. They have a few booths on a couple of blocks downtown, some arts and crafts, some business and some food. There is a quilt show and a few quilt vendors up at the Elms Hotel, we went up there yesterday.
This morning was the parade, mostly Shriners of course but the big hi-lite was the Marching Cobras from KC. I had never seen them perform in person so we and our friends went down to watch.



Last night the Krazy Kats performed in front of the Hall of Waters. They are a famous local area band, they have been performing together for 51 years. They play the fun oldies from 50 years ago, the Platters etc.


They have an Elvis routine, he does sing like Elvis. Ken bought me their CD, actually they were selling them in a group of 5 for $20 and I got Elvis' autograph.
Then the storm came in and everyone left around 9.

Here's the wall all finished, Ken even has it filled with sedum. We found the big plants on sale for $2.50 ea. at K-Mart.



Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

No comments: