Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Checking on Hawks

We went to Watkins to check on how the babies are doing, all 4 are still there and they are of a good size now. Ken took a neat photo of mom and babes, he'll have to send it to me so I can share it. I chased butterflies there today, there were several kinds but most would not stop for a photo. This Little Wood Satyr was the only cooperative one, there were fritillary, checkerspots, hairsteaks, comma, and swallowtails. Most seemed attracted to this one bush or tree. The naturalist was there so I asked if she knew what it was, she had to look it up.
It took three people with several books to decide it was a type of dogwood (alternative?) it looks like the grey twig dogwood from one of the Internet sites. We have enjoyed visiting with Brooke just about every time we go to Watkins, she's the Naturalist and works for the state. You all are probably tired of all our nature talk, maybe in the next couple of days I'll get creative and share that.
The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. The earth's beauty grows on man. If you foolishly ignore beauty you'll find yourself without it. But if you wisely invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life. Frank Lloyd Wright

No comments: