Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Monday, June 9, 2008

The night shift

We went to the library this afternoon and learned that they were hosting a program on owls given by Operation Wildlife. So here are a few photos I took. This is a Great Horned owl, it can not be released in the wild as a 15 year old took it as a baby and feed it until the wildlife agents heard about it and gave it to OW. It has bonded as a human rather than owls so it can not make it on it's own in the wild.
This one is a Barred owl, it was hit by a semi and is now blind.

This is a Barn owl, it was rescued from a barn that was being torned down it's siblings were released in to the wild but this one had a broken wing. They will not nest in metal barns so their numbers are in danger. He brought a Screech owl and Short-eared owl too which I didn't get very good photos. The Screech and Barred owls have fostered many orphaned owls at the center.
We enjoyed the program very much.
I did do a drawing Sat. for Drawing Day, I caught up on my bird journal. The quilt is finished too.
Nature gives to every time and season some special beauty all its own. unknown


No comments: