Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Monday, June 16, 2008

Chasing Butterflies

We went to Watkins to check on the Hawks, they were gone. Hope they have a good life.
We then went up to the church and school where we usually see various butterflies. Here are a few photos that I took today. Red spotted Purple
Northern Pearly Eye

Mourning Cloak


Hackberry, which is everywhere on the roads, liteing on us and the car.


Fritallary





Checkerspot





Admiral
Then there were the whites, blue hairstreaks and sulfars which I have a hard time getting in focus.
I saw my first baby Blue birds, they were sitting on the fence with a parent. Cool!!
We also spotted a new bird for us and we are trying to decide what it is, it's between great crested flycatcher or western kingbird, it was darker on top and yellow underneath and as big as a thrush . Our books differ on coloring. So back to the nature studies! I was a beautiful day to be out chasing butterflies, the temp about 78.
If you would learn the secrets of nature, you must practice more humanity than others. Thoreau






No comments: