Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Morphongenic Day



Sorry for the bad photos but I am still learning to take closeups with this camera and I have a hard time getting it to focus. Wish they made tiny digital camera with the features of the manual focus and interchanagable lens.
Our monarch chrysalis looked transparent this morning and we knew today would be the day of change, but not when. Then around 11 am our butterfly popped out and within 15 mins it was a beautiful monarch. It doesn't fly for about two hours, so around 2:30 it was restless and we released it. Ken got a couple of photos before it flew off. Hope it makes it to Mexico, it had a good day for flight south.
Yesterday we took the Focus to be fitted with the tow equipment, we were hoping it would be finished this morning but no not till 2 pm. So we will take the motorhome down tomorrow and have the job finished and a few things fixed on the motorhome. We may be getting close to a first trip, I don't know.
Yesterday, on our way back I suggested we stop at the genealogy library and Ken really enjoyed himself. He could get on Ancestary.com and print out the census, etc. We were there for 4 hours. I went thought some books from Plymouth Co Ia, found just a tid bit of new information. I think the infor on my GG Uncle being in the Civil Was was wrong I think it was another Prust from ST. Louis, because he was said to have died of his disase he contracted during the war in 1863 and my GG Uncle lived to be 80 so can't be the same person.
We golfed 9 holes late this afternoon and I see someone is going to work the next couple of Sat. so I have just one day left. Wow!!! I am retired! I will miss everyone, they were all really nice people, but I'll see them when we go out to play golf every once in awhile.
The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. Rabindrunath Tagore



No comments: