Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Sunday, July 20, 2008

Found the culprite

Earlier this week I was noticing some of my primrose blossoms were being eaten and some rather large frass left behind. This morning I saw my little muncher, just as I thought too, it's a White-lined Sphinx moth caterpillar. He's welcomed to munch away! The sphinx moth feeds like a hummingbird. It would be nice to see the moth and get it's photo.
I worked on the garage sale frames today, here they are. It was a good day to stay inside, the temp. was to reach 95. Ken put in a new thermostat and we both watched the British Open.

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly. Buckminster Fuller


1 comment:

Q said...

Munch away is right!
Looking forward to seeing your Sphinx moth. They are beautiful. Think I will go check my primroses.
It is nice to meet you.
I shall go back and read some more. We share many interests!
Namaste,
Sherry