Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A few pics of cats and my wallhanging

I've been quilting my wallhanging today, trying to free stitch it (feed dogs down), but it's alittle awkward to handle (not to mention I'm alittle out of practise). Some photos from around the yard.
Admiral butterfly









Black Swallowtail Caterpillars on parsley





Monarch Caterpillers on milkweed




Cabbage looper on parsley
The wind blew over a couple of our milkweed, and Ken had to pull them up to mow, he found a small monarch cat on one which we brought in and put in a jar for the time being. The other had a larger one on and he just transfered it over to another plant. Our little caterpiller farm is doing well. We also think we have another White Sphinx cat on our primrose. Still haven't seen the moth.
Nature never hurries, atom by atom little by little she achieves her work. Ralph Emerson





No comments: