Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our first Snow

We've had our first snow, it's about 2 inches and I hear we could get more tomorrow. I tried to get a cardinal at our feeder here, I forgot to photoshop it, sorry. We went for a walk this afternoon most of the 2 inches had fallen, we watched several cars and trucks try to get up our hill. They were stuck until the city truck came by and helped out with some sand under their tires. It was nice to walk with the snow falling in our faces. I hate to admit it but I rather like snow, if I don't have to drive in it.




Here are some photos of my projects. I did the watercolor yesterday, decided I should practise painting or drawing every day. This was in reference to the www.parisbreakfast blog I enjoy visiting, she does similiar watercolors and I love her photos.
I see I need more practise with ovals.
I have also decided to finally do something with all the little bow tie blocks, my grandmother started them and I made many more they are hand sewn together.
I have made them into a nine block and I will hand quilt from there and then sew the quilted blocks together. I hope it works. I am not a quilter, I just enjoy keeping my hands busy and me away from the refrigerator.
I am still working on my knitting too.
I know I said I wouldn't be blogging as often, but I changed my mind, it just won't be everyday. I'll share my daily art ( if I do some) if you don't mind.
The arts are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practising art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. Kurt Vonnegut, Jr



No comments: