Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas a little early

Christmas was a little early for me as Cheryl and I meet to exchange gifts. She gave me a wonderful bottle of Freixenet, a sparkling wine, my favorite. She is so sweet and thoughtful. When I got back home there was a box waiting from my brother which contained two bottles of Buffalo Blush wine from Little Swan Lake Winery in IA. I believe we are set for the holidays. It was a nice day to get out and about. Now to see how correct the weather men are going to be on guessing how much snow we will have by Saturday evening.

Here is a photo of my grandmother and aunts. The lady hiding behind my grandmother on the right is the aunt who just passed away. AnnaMae, Evelyn, Anna and Alice missing is Laura
Oh, heart, let's never grow to old
To smile anew, when Christmas comes,
At tassels red and tinsel thread
And tarlatan bags of sugar plums. Nancy Bryd Turner


2 comments:

Cherylsue said...

Glad you liked the tea. I had a cuppa last night myself. In the pic of your family, you have the same nose as all of them. I could see some resemblence. I am snowed in so will try the beer bread today.

Cherylsue said...

I made the beer bread and had it with home made onion soup, mmmmmmmm!