Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Sunday, February 7, 2010

More on Quinta Mazatlan

I need to make a correction the bird I called Scarlet Grosbeak is really a Crismon-collared Grosbeak, I thought I heard people calling it the Scarlet but we looked it up in our bird book, it is a visitor from Mexico.
I thought I would share some of the other photos I took at Quinta Mazatlan. It is a beautiful house and grounds in McAllen that has been donated to use as museum and birding center. I took a couple of photos of the other birders, the parking lot was full and the over fill was also getting full when we arrived around 9 am Sat.

Here's a cutie who found the tortoise enclosure.
We did do a little birding today at Ramsey Park, saw the Olive Sparrow and a female Hooded Oriole.
We'll probably watch the Super Bowl tonight, me for the commercials I'm not into football.



No comments: