Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Saturday, January 3, 2009

Market day

It's been windy again, but temps in low 80's . Friday we checked out the new state park, Resaca de la Palma. We drove in and had high hopes when we saw all these people in their birding garb, but it turned out not productive at all. Ken saw his first Kiskadee, it's the yellow bird I photographed and posted earlier in a slide show and that was about it.

Today we had breakfast at the clubhouse, they fix breakfast once a month for $4. Then went to Harlingen to their Sat. Market. Ken bought a Lantana plant for $4, and I bought some Mexican sweet bread to try. It's not as sweet as I thought it would be. We saw this vender selling corn, so Ken stopped and bought a few ears and a small watermelon. Well, the corn was tough and like field corn so we tossed it. We haven't tried the watermelon yet.

It was time to do laundary again, so I did that this afternoon.

1 comment:

Cherylsue said...

I would like to try to buy some fresh produce at the Parkville market or at the Briarcliff market, but haven't gotten to either yet. I don't want any tough corn though. I don't know what they have this time of year at the markets here, probably not much. We are going to have lunch at Trezo Mare at Briarcliff next month. Enjoy the warm weather!!!