Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Friday, May 2, 2008

Strouds

The tornadoes missed us, but Gladstone and Independence and North Kansas City had some damage as you may have seen on the news. We had some wind and rain that is all, thank goodness.





We met Ken's brother for lunch today at Strouds. We had a nice visit. It has been around for 30 years and is famous for it's fried chicken. I think the place is much older then that as part of it has the original log walls.


Earlier in the day, we went to Watkins (which is a state park) Ken wanted to see if we would see any birds today. There was a group of kids with their leader checking out nature too. We saw a Tanager and an Indigo Bunting and the Yellow-rumped Warblers and this follow who let me photograph his catch of the day, morel mushrooms. I was playing around with my Collage Creater so you will have to click on the pic if you want to see the morels.

Each moment is a place you've never been.

Mark Strand

No comments: