Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Graduation

We are back from our visit to Estherville, IA where we attended my nephew's H S Graduation. This is the happy graduate with his parents, my brother Jim and his wife Elaine. Chad was awarded with several scholarships. He plans on going to Community College in Emmetsburg and study small engine and motorcycle repair. He loves his dirt bikes and races. He is an Eagle Scout and works at the local Sinclair usually fixing tires and mows several lawns. He is a busy lad especially now that he has a girlfriend who is a race car driver and he is on her pit crew.
We got together with my mother's brother Darrell and his wife Grace also in attendance is my niece, Kristi, my aunt Anna Mae and my sister-in-law Beth (she is married to my little brother Dennis).

We stopped at Pella, IA and spent the night as we left on Fri. late morning. The tulips were still blooming everywhere from their Tulip Festival the 1st of May. They were to be dug up this Monday and given away to the locals who wanted them.


Can you spot the Monarch here?



On the way back we stopped at Union Slough National Wildlife Refuge between Bandcroft and Burt, IA. We saw these Egrets and a couple of Swans in the distance and I saw my first Bobolink. The lady at the headquarters was very nice and informative. We wish we weren't in a hurry to get back home as we found a wonderful spot to watch birds and Ken got a few photos of some new birds, an American Redstart and a warbler or two.
The poor cats were out of food and water when we got home, I thought I had put out enough, but they are fine and happy now they can look out the back door and get some fresh air.




No comments: