Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Up early

We got up early today to join a small group meeting at Martha Lafite Thompson Nature Sanctuary in Liberty to go birding lead by Mark from Backyard Bird Center. We saw several new birds to us, with his help, white throated sparrow, redpoll, great crested flycatcher and a Northern Parula. We also spotted an Indigo bunting, bluebirds, green heron, Carolina Wren and a Sandpiper. It started out cold but it was a nice morning. ( We did have frost this morning but not a hard one.)
After our birding, we stopped at the hospital to visit our friend Bob who had hip surgery, he was getting ready to go home. We helped get him home and visited awhile at his house.





I wanted to check out the art show at the Hall of Waters here in town. It is the Gatsby Days this week. The art was good, too bad the shoppers were few. We need to support our little community better. I bought a card with a print of Venice carnival masks.



I also wanted to check out the Art on the Hill just outside of Kearney. They had lots of shoppers. That art I really enjoyed too, it was more of the collage and recycle art, lots of jewelry and fun stuff. Ken bought a majong tile just for fun.
I was hoping to see the movie East of Eden on PBS tonight but it doesn't seem to be on so we are watching Harry Potter Goblet of Fire. It may just be getting a late start, we will tape it for later if they show it. I really enjoyed reading the book a couple of years ago and I have always like James Dean.

No comments: