Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Birding

Working on the blog here, it is hard work! I learned something new today about the digital camera, it's image numbering system will start over at some point in time so I must watch as to which folders I put my pics, I could delete the ones already there that may have the same number. Thanks, Cheryl, for pointing this out the hard way (she deleted some of her photos this way.) We had breakfast together yesterday and had a nice visit.
We went to East Valley Park again today to see if there were any new flowers up. We met this lady there, Linda Williams, she is a nature photographer from Liberty. She was there with a Conservation Agent watching the flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers who are migrating through the area. To see some of her photos go to www.lindawilliamsphotography.com she also has a blog you can visit from her site. She is also raises butterflies and moths, so she is a very special person. I saw our first tiger swallowtail today too flying in the park.
So we went back home so Ken could get his lens to photograph the birds. Here is my attempt with my little point and shoot. The count was 52 little warblers at one spot. We also saw a glimpse or two of the Broad-wing Hawk which is also migrating through, in fact when we got home it was flying around our neighborhood. We also drove up to Siloam Park and there we saw our first Eastern Kingbird. So we had a good birding day and in our local parks!
Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive...it's such an interesting world. Lucy Montgomery


No comments: