Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Saturday, February 9, 2008

Birding

It was a short sleeve day for me today, oh so nice! We went back to Gilbert's Riparian Preserve.

There were about 90 egrets large and small. Several kinds of ducks and wading birds. Again you have my point and shoot photos, Ken took some good photos!

We can add a couple more birds to our list, the green heron, Brown-crested Flycatcher, American Wigeon, White crowned sparrow and Verdin. Below to the left is a green heron.




Our park hosted a mini RV show this morning, LaMesa RV brought in 4 RV's for us to tour also brought donuts.


Yesterday Ken set up a computer for Mom's friend and she took us out to lunch. We also got afew more lemons from them so I juiced them last night so I now have fresh lemonaide. Just in time for the warm tempertures.



I finally finished reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I found it fun and interesting read, and learned alot about Italy, India and Bali. I've been reading other books of local interest too, as mentioned in earlier blogs.
We just had the news a couple of days ago that Ken is to be a grandpa again, his son Tyson and wife Liz are expecting their 5 child due in July.
You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight. from Eat Pray Love





No comments: