Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Summer like Day




The last two days have been just beautiful, temps in the 70s, but tomorrow brings a change to winter I fear. We even took out our bikes to enjoy the weather.
Tigger spotted this little snake outside our garage today while we were sitting outside. The first I've noticed around our house.
I'm reading a new book, for me anyway, called I hate to Cook Book by Peg Bracken, it was big in the 1960's I guess. I read an article or two on it in the paper and thought that sounds interesting so I sent for it, a used paperback edition that cost 50 cents then, I paid a little more for it but oh well. It is a humorous reading cookbook and I am learning a little, and maybe I'll try a recipe. I really don't like to cook, clean up or shop but that's another story.
Here's a couple excerpts;
When you hate to cook, you've no idea what size your saucepans are, except big, middle-sized and little. Indeed, the less attention called to your cooking equipment the better. True for me.
These recipes have not been tested by experts. That is why they are valuable. Experts in their sunny spotless test kitchens can make anything taste good. But even we can make these taste good.
Speaking of cooking, incidentally, and I believe we were, one of its worst facets is grocery shopping. When you hate to cook, a supermarket is an appalling place.
So true, so true!
So you are probably thinking we are going out for Thanksgiving, I did too, but Ken bought a ham and a few of his favorites so I guess he is cooking ( I'll clean up).
May you always have love to share
Health to Spare
and Friends that Care.

No comments: