Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sunshine!!!!

We had a beautiful afternoon, sun and warm temps around 70 it felt so good.
We left Anchorage around noon today, it was misty there and as we crossed the mountains the sunnier it got. We are now in Glennallen at the Northern Lights RV park it has nice woodsy spaces and a Internet I can get on, I just don't understand it I can get on in the boonies but not in Anchorage or Wasilla. This is Wrangell Mt. range as we drove into Glennallen. We took a drive after parking the RV to get photos of the mountains as we may not have another sky like this.
The Wrangell range is in the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, the largest national park in the U.S. We will be spending a couple of days exploring what we can of it. There are only two roads in, both are gravel. We plan on just trying one that goes to Kennicott a mining ghost town 60 miles into the park.
We did catch up with my cousin in Anchorage and had a nice visit at his home on Mirror Lake and Dennis you'd be so jealous of his hanger/garage. (We're jealous of his awesome view, I'll post a pic on Flickr.)

No comments: