Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another visit to Laguna Atacosa

It was another beautiful day with light breezes and I talked Ken into going birding, his choice and it has been about 3 weeks since we've been to Laguna Atacosa Wildlife Refuge. On our way over just a few miles from us in a recently combined corn field we saw hundreds of Sandhills Cranes and Snow Geese. I tried to get a photo.
At the visitor center there is a bird feeding station and this morning there were 3 javelinas, loads of longtailed grackles, cardinals and green jays. It was a fun site to watch.
We walked out to the alligator pond today, there was a big gator there along with a couple these Soras. I think they have the cutest tails. The pond was a good place to watch birds, moorhens, couch kingbirds, yellow rumps warblers and grebes, herons and egrets.



This is a colorful bug we found when we were looking for butterflies.
In honor of Abe Lincoln's 200 birthday here are a few quotes of his I like.
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.




1 comment:

Q said...

Dear Jules,
I am so excited to see you also are visiting Texas!
Atacosa is fantastic!
I am almost finished posting photographs of our trip. Will look forward to seeing more of yours!
I posted about Aransas today with Sandhill Cranes!
They are beautiful!
Safe travels,
Sherry