Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Monday, August 1, 2011

More from around the corner

It's the first of August already, the kids will be heading back to school in a couple of weeks in this area and it's looks like we have another week of hot temps.
Here's last week's sketches from my journal. I spotted a couple of deer last week on my morning stroll and watched a cooper's hawk carry off it's breakfast didn't see what it was.

A Greeting

Good morning, Life - and all
Things glad and beautiful.
My pockets nothing hold,
But he that owns the Gold,
The Sun, is my great friend-
His spending has no end.

Hail to the morning sky,
Which bright clouds measure high
Hail to you birds whose throats
Would number leaves by notes;
Hail to you shady bowers,
And you green field of flowers.

Hail to you women fair
That make a show so rare
In cloth as white as milk--
Be't calico or silk
Good morning, Life--and all
Things glad and beautiful.
William Henry Davies


No comments: