Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heading west again

We are heading west this morning after a nice visit with Ken's son and family.
We also visited some great places to see birds. I've lost track of the days and I didn't get the photos posted in order and for some reason can't delete or rearrange them sorry.
We really enjoyed our morning walk through Farmington Bay Water Management Area
where we saw this sora, many wilson snipes, white faced ibis and lots of other birds and dragonflies.
We found Tracy Aviary listed in one of the guide books and decided to check it out
it's in beautiful Liberty Park.
The park has a swimming pool, tennis courts, picnic areas and play ground really nice family park.
We had lunch here downtown SL, I had a very tasty Rustic pizza and Ken had the rueben and we also tried their sampler of beers. It was a nice enjoyable lunch.
We took a drive to East Canyon SP, this is a photo at the summit of the drive. The SP looks really nice it's on a lake and there is a beautiful resort there too.
As I said I got my photos out of order so back to the Avery......
Tracy Avery has about 135 birds from around the world and some Utah birds. They have a very good bird show where you could be picked to help and you'd really get close to a King Vulture or Macaw.
This Scarlet Ibis may be my favorite bird of the aviary but with so many beautiful birds and not so beautiful like the Andean condor it is hard to have a favorite.
Come back and visit again and see what we're up too in my next post.

No comments: