Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween or

since we are so close to Mexico!!
I thought there would be more of the old traditions here, I thought wrong.
I found only the museums try to carry on the old traditions of the altars,etc. we went over to Port Isabela to check out theirs. They tried hard with a play, poetry, decorating sugar skulls and a class to make your own altars using a cigar box but there really weren't many people to enjoy or partake in it.
Here's a collage of some of the wildlife we found this week.
We played pegs and jokers Wed. with one couple, the rest of our group isn't here yet.
It's been a nice week, there was a front Tues. which the wind came out of the north and the most of the scissortail flycatchers left with it. I now hear the sandhill cranes in the fields across the road from us.
We have our bird feeders up now, only a couple of sparrows have found them so far.
Ken went to the bird banding this morning, they caught 21 birds. I didn't feel like going, I have enough chigger bites. Guess I'll just have to learn to put up with them since they like me so well, they don't seem to bite Ken.
Here's this weeks Mexican saying, I don't understand this one.
"En casa de herrero, cuchillo de palo"
translation: In a good blacksmith's house, you wouldn't expect knives made out of wood.
(In other words You sometimes see things that aren't right)

Hope you all had a fun Halloween.

No comments: