Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, June 25, 2009

A sad day...

We have lost 2 icons today, Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett
and a couple of days ago Ed McMahon.
I saw Michael and his brothers in K.C. back in 1984 when they did their Victory Tour, went with my friend Cheryl and her daughter. Something I won't forget!!
It's been a crazy news week with the killing of the coach in IA, the 4 killed in K.C., KS , all the protests in Iran and the North Korea threat.
It seems to early to be having our heat alerts, K.C. had two deaths from the heat, I didn't think June was our hot month it's more like August.
.
It's been to hot to be out and about so I did this watercolor today.
Art is not simply works of art, it is the spirit that knows beauty, that has music in its soul and the color of sunsets in its handkerchief, that can dance on a flaming world and make the world dance, too.
W.E.B. Du Bois
(if you would like to have one of my creations that you see on my blog just e-mail me:)

No comments: