Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Morning

We woke up this morning to half inch of snow, an unusual event for LA, they said on the news maybe once every 10 years. Some parts received 4 inches!! (My photos came up the opposite that I meant them to.) After the snow melted around 11 am we went for a drive on one of Ken's birding routes. We did see 2 new maybe 3 to add to our life list, Loggerhead Shrikes, Little Blue Herons and a ???. I didn't get very good photos of the Heron or the ?? maybe Ken did.
Here's a Bluebird right at our campsite this morning! We also have Pine Warblers and Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, hopefully I will get a good photo one of these days.




The rest of the weekend the temps just get warmer each day til 70's on Sunday.



We finally got some mail, it's been almost a month. We received a couple of cards and a Christmas gift looks good under our little tree.




1 comment:

Cherylsue said...

Snow! Join the club. I fell on the ice today and banged my tail bone. I am still navigating, so it can't be too bad. Geez! A little of this music goes a long way! That's just my take. Glad you all are enjoying yourselves.