Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hello again

We've been at Lake Fausse Pointe State Park where we had no cell service that is why I haven't blogged in the last few days. We found the LA's state parks are great places for us to stay, they honor our Nat'l Park Golden Age Pass which we get half price on camping fees which makes it $9 a nite and the sites are large enough for RV's. Lake Fausse is about 40 miles south of Lafayette and it was 25 miles from anywhere but it was beautiful. Here are a few things we saw: Remember to click to enlarge.





We saw about 25 armadillos Monday, you can just stand quietly and they will work their way up to you as they are nearly blind.



We are now at Sam Houston Jones State Park at Lake Charles, LA it is just a few miles north of town so we have cell service again. It's been beautiful the last couple of days about 70 but we may have a storm tonight. We really like Louisiana the people are nice and it is so beautiful and different from MO.
Ken is excited about the birding opportunities from here so we will be staying here awhile.



1 comment:

Cherylsue said...

The squirrels there look as fat as ours. Sounds like you are keeping busy. I still haven't done anything for Christmas decorations. I am waiting for Dave to finish the tv stand so I can do the tree. I have gone out a few times for lunch with friends. I saw Jane at Webster House. I was with some Central gals. Merry Christmas!