Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On the road to Albuquerque

We had a nice trip so far, we stopped at Amarillo for a couple of nights. We visited Palo Dura State Park where we saw lots of butterflies, painted ladies, coppers, Monarchs and this one which I think is a checkered spot. We saw this fellow on the side of I-40 and then got to visit with him at the Texas Visitors Center. He is traveling from Tulsa to Phoenix on horseback with his dog.
I just had to see the famous Cadillac Ranch just outside of Amarillo, I didn't know one was to take a can of spray paint to add your name to a car. Some tourists from Germany offered their cans but we declined so you won't see our name there.

We stopped at the New Mexico Tourist Center and the lady there was telling everyone about the air show at Tucumcari today so of course we had to stop and go to it. It was fun and I got some good photos. The Golden Knights were there, and Bob Carlton Silent Wings both were at the KC airshow. I think the plane in the photo is Greg Poe flying FAGEN MX-2. We're staying at a RV park on Route 66 in Tucumcari, there's not much on Route 66 anymore everything has moved out to the freeway, so sad.



No comments: