Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A stormy night


We may be watching the weather forecasters all night as there are thunderstorms in the area. We had a few pea size hail this morning then it cleared up and warmed up to make more storms possible tonight.

Ken has a pork roast in the oven, the house smells good and I'm getting hungry.

We went to Isley Park this afternoon and the other side of fishing river to see if there were any warblers about, there were several Yellow Warblers and we saw a new one for us the Magnolia Warbler, at least that's what we think it was.

The Iris are beautiful and my little Rhododendron bush is blooming, last year I had no blooms on it. It seems to be a good year for the flowers!!!Monday we went up to Squaw Creek Refuge to see the Yellow headed Blackbird.

We also saw this juvenile Bald Eagle, looks like it hasn't been out of the nest very long.

We saw several Yellow Warblers, Indigo Buntings, Pelicans, Herons, Egrets. Pheasants and Muskrats.

We stopped at Westin Bend S.P. and Ken got a photo of the Hooded Warbler, it played hide and seek alot.



Tuesday I got my new glasses, so the world is a little sharper now. I like the transition lens so far, they don't get as dark as sunglasses but they make good birding glasses.

No comments: