Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Thursday, August 30, 2012

Last days at Mackinac

It's our last day here at Lake Shore RV, we've enjoyed our stay.
I don't think we found any Petoskey Stones on the beach we tried.
We have gone out two nights to get photos of the lights on the bridge, I attempted to include the moon.
The bridge is 5 miles long, one of the longest suspension bridges in the world, built in 1957.
Every Labor Day there is a walk across the bridge, this is the 54th year for it, that's why we are leaving tomorrow, the park had all spaces rented for the weekend before we called.
We took it easy today watched the waves on the lake (Lake Michigan), went in to St. Ignace for lunch, got my smashed penny and sat at the park by Lake Huron for a while and watched the ferries go to Mackinac Island and back.
There was a memorial at the park to all the wrecked ships on the great lakes, there were 6,000 plus and 2,000 of those on Lake Michigan.  We all know about the Edmond Fitsgerald in 1974, I think that was the last, I'll have to check that out.
Tomorrow we'll be in Traverse City, MI the cherry capital of  the US.

No comments: