Welcome

Welcome to my photo journal.


Saturday, August 9, 2008

Book Lovers Day

I read in the paper today that's it's Book Lover's Day, so I decided to see how many books I've read so far this year. It's been 20, most of them have been young adult books this year. I read the entire Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace of which there are 10. Another, young adult book was Brighty of the Grand Canyon which I really enjoyed too. I just finished Gap Creek by Robert Morgan today, that was very good too. At the beginning of the year I was reading books on traveling and I really enjoyed Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. Other books I've read this year were Educating Alice, Eat, Pray,Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, Wicked, In the Land of Second Chances and Tall Pine Polka. I don't read as much as I'd like but I have many other hobbies that filled my days. (One of which is keeping a journal of my reading.)
I also finished a watercolor today, it's the Grand Canyon with a little snow flurry from one of my photos taken on our visit in May. Our morning eyes describe a different world than do our afternoon eyes, and surely our wearied evening eyes can report only a weary evening world. From Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck

No comments: